Preface ix 1 from plate tectonics to plumes and back again 1 11 volcanoes and exceptional volcanoes 1 12 early beginnings continental drift and its rejection 1. Plates vs plumes a geological controversy gillian r foulger isbn 978 1 4051 6148 0 paperback 352 pages o september 2010 o wiley blackwell. Buy plates vs plumes 9781444336795 9781405161480 a geological controversy nhbs gillian r foulger john wiley sons. This book will be indispensable to earth scientists from all specialties who are interested in the debate between the plate and plume hypotheses it reviews the plate and plume hypotheses including a clear statement of the former. Since the advent of the mantle plume hypothesis in 1971 scientists have been faced with the problem that its predictions are not confirmed by observation for thirty years the usual reaction has been to adapt the hypothesis in numerous ways
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.